I was feeling inspired last week and made a healthy salad for 2 nights of dinner. This can easily be done vegetarian by leaving out the chicken and it won’t suffer in taste whatsoever. I’m guesstimating on the measurements because I didn’t measure anything.
Ingredients – Salad
- 1 Can Black Beans – rinsed
- 5 Scallions Chopped
- 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts, Chopped
- 1 Cup Corn – If frozen, cook first and then drain
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Ripe Avocados, chopped
- 4 Parisian Cucumbers (can sub with regular cucumbers)
Ingredients – Dressing
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
Directions: Combine all salad ingredients and season generously with kosher or sea salt. After combining all dressing ingredients, make sure it has the ‘southwest’ taste (you know what I’m talking about). If not, add more hot sauce. Mix and serve. Makes about 4 servings.